Exercising with weights is more demanding than exercising without them. Working out wearing weighted clothing is even more demanding when you do the regular routine. It will take some time to get used to the extra weight and this period is very crucial. One will have to keep pushing themselves and not lose the confidence level. When you push yourself to perform better, your body will get stronger and fitter.
Here are some of the advantages of wearing the weighted clothing outside the gym
- Initially, your regular walks and runs will be difficult, but as you progress, your body will get used to is and the efforts would have increased as required. When you repeat the same routine without the vest, you will notice the increase in speed and agility.
- Climbing those stairs at home will become much easier once you train with the weighted clothing. Your body will learn to carry a heavier you and when you go back to your original weight (without the extra weighted clothing) climbing those long flight of stairs will be very easy and not demanding at all. You cannot call climbing those stairs as a workout by itself anymore.
- Bending down to get something off the floor is definitely challenging when you have a few extra pounds on your shoulder and chest, but as time goes, it will become easier and your upper body and thigh muscles will learn to do the movements with the added weight
- The weight of your clothing is spread out evenly and hence is better for your posture than walking around carrying something heavy in your arms. These clothing will be an extended part of you in such a way that you will not be required to anything much other than increasing your efforts at daily tasks.
- When your overall strength and speed increases, you can finish your regular chores in lesser time and use the spare time judiciously.